Thursday, September 13, 2007

How much direction?

I'm thinking lately about my class - required blogs instead of weekly assigned readings and discussion. Am I giving enough direction? Do students have the skills and knowledge to find resources on their own? Do they have an audience? Are they connected with each other and learning from each other?

I just put up a list of readings to help those interested in eLearning find some good articles.

Suggested eLearning Readings

It's good to have some choices available - what Brent thinks is good, plus whatever else I find out there. I don't want to over-direct, but I have a feelings lots of folks are open to suggestions.

My next consideration is - getting them responding to each other's blogs. I'm considering requiring that soon. We all need an audience. At early stages that doesn't happen easily.